Sunday, 6 October 2013

Art college chapel session Wednesday 25 September

Working with another student I spent three hours recording a group from the local art college.
I spent some time helping to set up equipment such as putting up microphone stands anduntangling cables that needed to be used. After that we moved through to the recording studio and went through setting up the sound board, I observed as this was done and learned how to go through each instrument or artist individually. After this we set up the multitrack recorder so we were ready to record, setting each track that we needed in ready record, I then was taught how to use the multitrack, holding the play and record buttons to start recording, tapping the play button to stop recording and triple tapping the stop button to stop and bring it back to the beginning of the track. The artists started playing while being recorded, due to lack of practice they had to have multiple takes but they succeeded eventually. We spent the last half hour packing up, putting microphones and stands away, tying up cables and defaulting the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment